My Feeble Attempt at a Blog

2007 Triangle Harvest—with Greg Laurie, Third Day, David Crowder Band, Toby Mac, Leeland, and more!

2.01.2005

28 Years Later

Sounds like it should be a horror movie, doesn't it? :-)

Okay, so I go last week to attend my son's first performance in kindergarten at his new elementary school, and let me just say that it's a surreal feeling when it's your kid on the stage. You know, like it's a big sign up there, flashing "hey - you're old!" You know those telltale signs - like when you start hearing songs that you remember buying on a cassette single being played on the Time-Life infomercials during late-night TV. It's like one day you just wake up and are supposed to be grown up. But am I? I mean, hey - I still love to eat at McDonalds. (Sorry to all of you vegans out there... and I know you're out there.) I still love to sit and play a good round of Goldeneye on the Nintendo. But then... Nintendo? That's a whole 'nother can of worms.

So now I'm 28. The big two-eight. Who'd have ever thought I'd be... here? I certainly had never thought of it before. I mean, sure, I definitely had plans to be married... but never to someone as wonderful as Jennie. Sure, I definitely had plans to have kids... but never thought that they'd mean so much to me or be such a huge part of my life. And sure, I knew that I'd want to go into full time ministry... but never thought that it would land at my feet while I was struggling to figure out what to do when Fresno Unified cut all music positions within the district. BTW, can I just say that that was one of the dumbest moves I've ever seen? But don't get me started.

At any rate, I'm going to end now because it's late and I'm sure that I'm no longer making any sense. Suffice it to say that this is my obligatory last post of my 27th year of life, and that I'm going into my 28th year with everything that I could have ever dreamed of and more... well, except maybe a Mac. And a house. But... who knows God'll bring. Each day He's challenging me more and more to trust in Him. I think I'll give that a try...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home