My Feeble Attempt at a Blog

2007 Triangle Harvest—with Greg Laurie, Third Day, David Crowder Band, Toby Mac, Leeland, and more!

6.04.2005

Tagged!!!

3 names I go by: Darryl, honey, pastor
3 screen names I've had:DDote77, Darryl.H.Dote, encountergod
3 physical things I like about myself: Eyes (so I can see),Fingers (So I can play the piano and type), and Mouth (So I can eat) :-)
3 parts of my heritage: American, Japanese, and um... American?
3 things I am wearing right now: Old Navy shirt, Old Navy Jean Shorts, and generic Costco socks
3 favorite bands/musical artists: only three??? Ugh. Well, here are three of them - Tori Amos, Ginny Owens, Bruce Hornsby (I also like David Benoit, Jim Brickman, Michael Buble, Dr. John, the 7:22 Band, Chris Tomlin, and the Passion Worship Band, just in case you were wondering...)
3 favorite songs: Three Wooden Crosses (Randy Travis), When I Survey the Wondrous Cross, Victory in Jesus (The Crabb Family - what can I say? It's catchy.)
3 things I want in a relationship: trust, laughter, and affection
3 physical things about the opposite sex that appeal to me: eyes, smile,
3 favorite hobbies: reading blogs, watching movies, surfing the web
3 Things I want to do badly right now: Take a nap, Watch Episode 3, cuddle with my wife
3 things that scare me: my kids growing up too fast, losing my wife or kids, seeing the local high school students and what they are into
3 of my everyday essentials: coffee, coffee, and e-mail
3 Careers you have considered or are considering: movie critic, author, graphic artist
3 places you want to go on vacation: Orlando, Broadway, anywhere without kids
3 kids' names you like: Matthew, Jacob, & Danae
3 things you want to do before you die: Watch my kids grow up to be Godly men & women, Pastor a church, See the people I have been praying for come to know God.
3 ways I am stereotypically a girl: N/A
3 ways I am stereotypically a boy: I get easily hooked on Goldeneye or Risk, I know how to hook up big speakers and stereo systems, I like movies with lots of explosions
3 celebrity crushes: Sarah Polley, Olivia Burnette, Alexis Bledel

Okay, I tag Jen (my wife), Sarah Ma, and Myka

3 Comments:

  • I love Ginny Owens! I always think it's interesting that I list Tori first, and yes, I am a Christian!

    Hugs, Darryl!

    By Blogger Anne, at 10:08 AM  

  • Tori... isn't it an alphabetical thing? :-) She's one of those people who inspires me on piano chordings. Call me a freak, but if you ever listen to me play the piano at church, you'll definitely find some Tori influences there. :-) She rocks. And yes, I am a Christian, too! It's interesting for me to listen to her lyrics and think about how they came from someone who grew up as the daughter of a pastor. Wierd. Just something I think about. But then again, as I just established, I'm a freak. :-)

    Thanks,Anne!

    By Blogger Darryl, at 8:26 PM  

  • Gah! You tagged me! Evil. I guess I don't feel bad now for having tagged you before realizing you did it to me too. Ha! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home