My Feeble Attempt at a Blog

2007 Triangle Harvest—with Greg Laurie, Third Day, David Crowder Band, Toby Mac, Leeland, and more!

4.02.2006

Open Forum #1: Bibliolatry?

Okay, so I've been wrestling with several questions recently, and this has been one of them. So... will you help? I'm interested to hear your thoughts, not to mention find out who reads this - or who even cares. At any rate, here's the topic- let me know what you think...



Is it possible to idolize the Bible? What would that look like? How can I tell if I'm falling into that trap? And what do I do about such passages as 2 Tim. 3:16 and 2 Peter 3:15-16?


Again, your thoughts and comments are appreciated.


Thanks,
Darryl

1 Comments:

  • This is tricky. I guess it might be considered idolatry if your devotion to the Bible is primarily as a means of legalism rather than using it to pursue the living God. Also, if you aren't incoporating prayer and the guidance of the Holy Spirit into your life, you might be fall into trouble. Honestly, I'm not sure that either of those are instances of idolatry, though.

    By Blogger Hillary, at 7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home